Friday, January 13, 2012

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea



20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Author : Jules Verne
Genre : Adventure

Summary
Many ships saw the strange object. The object is very fast, long, sharp, and shinny. It is a very hot issue. So, American government decides to send a Abraham Lincoln Ship to find ""the monster". A marine biologist, Pierre Aronnax is invited to the ship. Aronnax rides in a ship with his assistant Conseil. Aronnax becomes friendly with the harpoonist Ned Land in the ship. During the sailing, the monster crashed with the ship. Ned, Conseil, and Aronnax  are sitting on something that is made of iron. They are sitting in "the monster". "The monster" is a machine, a submarine! Some people in the submarine and takes them to them in to the submarine. They met a captain called "Nemo Captain".  Captain lives in the submarine because he hates the society and laws on the ground. The submarine's name is Nautilus. Aronnax, Ned, and Conseil lives in the Nautilus and experiences a lot of amazing things in the sea. And finally, they escapes the ship.

Do you like this story?
Yes, I do. I like adventure stories and this story is one of the best stories among the adventure stories that I read. This book took me a few days to read, and it made me wonder the story everyday. This story is very interesting and thrilling. During I was reading this book, I was imagining the amazing sea and the Nautilus ship. If I can, I want to ride  the Nautilus and travel the ocean.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate this book?
I would rate this book an 8. This story is full of interest and I am so amazed at the fact that the author, Jules Verne, has a specific things about the  nowadays' developed submarine (Nautilus Ship). Furthermore, when Jules Verne wrote this story, the submarine was not developed. I was very surprised at the author's imagination. 

1 comment:

  1. Minji,

    Good review. You provided ample information in your recommendation. I liked that you elaborated on your review by providing pertinent supporting details.

    ReplyDelete