Monday, January 9, 2012

Learn how to swim

Last winter, my mom made my younger brother and me learn how to swim every morning. Even it was a vacation, I have to get up at seven every day.

The first day of swimming lessons, I was very nervous and worried about the swimming lesson, even though last summer, I learned how to swim for one month. Well, I didn't want to have swimming lessons, but my mom forced me to do.

Anyway, the first lesson started, and I my teacher said me to swim to know my swimming ability. But, I couldn't swim freestyle.  So, the teacher decided to teach me the freestyle first. When I swam freestyle, I felt pain my arms and I was out of breath, so I would give up all the times. I hated that hard swimming lessons.

My swimming teacher said to me that I have to endure breathless and fix my swim posture. I practiced very hard, listened to my swimming teacher carefully and tried to fix my wrong posture. Times that I stopped in the middle of the road started to getting smaller and smaller.

Two weeks later, I could swim freestyle. Some people in the swimming pool that I met everyday, told me that my swimming is very developed than first. I was so happy to be praised. That time, I started to enjoy swimming and even after the swimming lesson, I swam and swam.

And I started to learn the new skill, ,backstroke. When I swim the backstroke, I would drink the swimming pool's water by mistake many times. And also, I learned the breaststroke, but a very very little of them. So, now I cannot do backstroke and breaststroke well.

Next time I learn how to swim, I want to develop my backstroke and breaststroke skills.

 

1 comment:

  1. Minji, you described your experience very well but what did you learn from your experience? What lesson was involved? You seem to be generally negative about the whole thing. A clearer moral would be nice.

    ReplyDelete